The Forsaken Tower is a quest in the Great Kourend quest series, with a focus on the Lovakengj House. The primary objective is to retrieve Dinh's hammer from the Forsaken Tower. The hammer is needed to repair the Doors of Dinh, which are essential for containing the powerful entity known as Wintertodt in its prison. Repairing these doors is crucial to maintaining the seal on Wintertodt and preventing its escape.
Does VIRTGOLD offer Powerleveling Services for me?
Yes! In fact, our team of expert Powerlevelers has mastered every inch of efficient OSRS training methods, and we're ready to help you accomplish the same feat. Whether you're a seasoned adventurer or just starting out, our personalized approach ensures that you'll receive the most affordable prices and most skilled workers to come out on top. So why wait? Take on the grind of OSRS with confidence, thanks to VIRTGOLD. Want to skip the grind all together? Consider our other services such as Currency and Questing!
Completion of the following quests:
Client of Kourend
X Marks the Spot
20% Lovakengj favour
Tinderbox (obtainable during quest)
Speak to Lady Vulcana Lovakengj in Lovakengj
To initiate "The Forsaken Tower" quest, start by making your way to the Lovakengj Assembly, located west of the southern bank within Lovakengj in Great Kourend. Here, you'll need to engage with Lady Vulcana Lovakengj, a prominent figure within the Lovakengj House. During your conversation, you will be informed by Councillor Unkar, a member of the Kourend Council, about a pressing issue involving the Doors of Dinh. Unkar will explain that Undor, a skilled blacksmith, has discovered the cause of the doors' deterioration and requires your assistance. Accept Unkar's request to help.
Next, head to the Wintertodt Camp. You can reach it quickly using a games necklace or, if you've reactivated it, the fairy ring (code: CIS). Upon arrival at the camp, if this is your first visit, speak with Ignisia before proceeding. Otherwise, locate Undor on the west side of the camp. Undor will provide insight into the deliberate damage inflicted upon the Doors of Dinh, creating a small breach. This damage has allowed the Wintertodt, the entity imprisoned within, to siphon a portion of its power back into the prison.
Undor explains that he can easily repair the damage on the Doors of Dinh, but for this, he requires Dinh's hammer. According to him, the hammer is believed to be located within the Forsaken Tower, which can be found on the peninsula to the west of Lovakengj and east of Mount Karuulm.
To reach the Forsaken Tower, you have a couple of options. You can use the fairy ring with the code "CIR," which will take you to the base of Mount Karuulm. Alternatively, if you have the Battlefront teleport, you can use it to arrive at the graveyard located directly south of the Forsaken Tower.
A useful tip for players with 70 Smithing aiming to complete a hard task for the Kourend & Kebos Diary is to bring along an adamantite ore and six coal. However, be cautious not to ignite the furnace before following the necessary steps, as it may result in taking up to 34 damage.
Once you're inside the Forsaken Tower, take a look at the display case. The interface that appears will show you the four puzzles you need to solve in order to unlock the case.
As an optional step, you can also search the crate located in the south-west corner of the tower. Doing so will provide you with an ancient letter that offers some additional information about the history of the tower.
Now, head down to the basement of the tower. Search the crates in the room just east of the ladder until you find a generator crank. Use this crank to start the steam generator. Once the generator is up and running, you'll need to align the power grid in the center of the room. You can refer to the solution provided above to complete this step.
The display case interface. The powergrid solution.
Now, head through one of the doors at the back of the tower. In the northern room, search the cupboards to find a tinderbox, a 5-gallon jug, and an 8-gallon jug.
Warning: Do not light the furnace at this point, or you'll take over 20 hitpoints of damage.
In the north-west corner of the room, you'll find a coolant dispenser. Your objective here is to get 4 gallons of coolant into the 5-gallon jug. Follow these steps to achieve this:
1. Fill the 5-gallon jug with coolant, making it 5-0.
2. Use the 5-gallon jug on the empty 8-gallon jug, making it 0-5.
3. Fill the 5-gallon jug with coolant again, making it 5-5.
4. Use the 5-gallon jug on the 8-gallon jug, making it 2-8.
5. Empty the 8-gallon jug (select "check," then "continue"), making it 2-0.
6. Use the 5-gallon jug on the empty 8-gallon jug again, making it 0-2.
7. Fill the 5-gallon jug with coolant again, making it 5-2.
8. Use the 5-gallon jug on the 8-gallon jug again, making it 0-7.
9. Fill the 5-gallon jug with coolant again, making it 5-7.
10. Use the 5-gallon jug on the 8-gallon jug one more time, making it 4-8.
You've encountered a classic water pouring puzzle riddle. To solve it, you need to find a multiple of 8 gallons and a multiple of 5 gallons between which the difference is 4 gallons. Here are the two solutions:
1. Fill up the 5-gallon jug 4 times (4 x 5 = +20 gallons).
2. Empty the 8-gallon jug twice (2 x 8 = -16 gallons). Result: 20 - 16 = 4 gallons in the 5-gallon jug.
1. Fill up the 8-gallon jug 3 times (3 x 8 = +24 gallons).
2. Empty the 5-gallon jug 4 times (4 x 5 = -20 gallons). Result: 24 - 20 = 4 gallons in the 5-gallon jug.
With 4 gallons in the 5-gallon jug, use it (with 4 gallons) on the furnace coolant mechanism located on the left side of the furnace. Once the mechanism is full, use your tinderbox to light the furnace.
To solve the puzzle of the cleansing fluid and activate the refinery on the 1st floor of the tower, you'll need to use the correct cleansing fluid. The positions of the fluids are determined by a riddle that has the same layout for everyone, but the specific fluids differ. Here's the solution based on the riddle:
1. Fluid A has to be placed far left.
2. Fluid B has to be placed middle left.
3. Fluid C has to be placed in the middle.
4. Fluid D has to be placed far right.
5. Fluid E has to be placed middle right.
Now, to determine which cleansing fluid corresponds to each number in your specific instance, follow these steps:
1. Fluid A is directly left of Fluid B.
2. Fluid B is next to Fluid C.
3. Fluid D is directly right of Fluid E.
4. Fluid A is opposite Fluid D.
Once you've identified the correct cleansing fluid for each position according to the riddle, use the correct one on the refinery, cleanse it, and then activate it.
To solve the energy ring puzzle on the 2nd floor of the Forsaken Tower, you'll need to move the rings in the correct order from the western pylon to the middle pylon. Follow these steps:
1. Move the ring from the western pylon (W) to the eastern pylon (E).
2. Move the ring from W to the central pylon (C).
3. Move the ring from E to C.
4. Move the ring from W to E.
5. Move the ring from C to W.
6. Move the ring from C to E.
7. Move the ring from W to E.
8. Move the ring from W to C.
9. Move the ring from E to C.
10. Move the ring from E to W.
11. Move the ring from C to W.
12. Move the ring from E to C.
13. Move the ring from W to E.
14. Move the ring from W to C.
15. Move the ring from E to C.
Following this sequence should stack all of the rings in order on the middle pylon and solve the puzzle.
You've successfully completed the Forsaken Tower quest in Old School RuneScape! You've retrieved Dinh's hammer and helped repair the Doors of Dinh. Now, you should return to Lady Vulcana Lovakengj to complete the quest and receive your reward. Great job!