Lunar Diplomacy is a quest in Old School RuneScape (OSRS) that focuses on the animosity between the mainland Fremennik and the Moon Clan. By completing this quest, you will gain access to Lunar Isle and unlock a new spellbook known as the Lunar Spellbook.
Does VirtGold Offer Questing Services?
Yes! In fact, since our inception in 2020, VirtGold has been among the most reputable service options available for gamers across many different games. We offer a VIP level of service that has remained unmatched whether it's Currency Service Packages or Questing & Skilling, we take care of the grinds you don't want to so you can enjoy the game the way you want to. Want to learn more? Speak with one of our dedicated 24/7 Live Chat agents!
Complete the following quests: The Fremennik Trials, Lost City, Rune Mysteries, Shilo Village, Jungle Potion, and Druidic Ritual.
Level 5 in Herblore (not boostable).
Level 61 in Crafting (not boostable).
Level 40 in Defence (not boostable).
Level 49 in Firemaking (not boostable).
Level 65 in Magic (not boostable).
Level 60 in Mining (not boostable).
Level 55 in Woodcutting (not boostable).
Ability to defeat multiple level 111 monsters.
Some coins (1000 is enough).
Guam leaf (common drop from a Suqah during the quest).
Marrentill (common drop from a Suqah during the quest).
Pestle and mortar.
2 reels of thread (obtainable during the quest).
Needle (obtainable during the quest).
Any axe (can be obtained during the quest).
Finished bullseye lantern (NOT (unf) OR (empty)). If you can't obtain one, bring means to reach a lamp oil still instead. Swamp tar can be obtained during the quest.
All elemental talismans or their respective tiaras (Air, Water, Earth, and Fire) or an Elemental talisman, or access to the Abyss or the mini-game Guardians of the Rift.
Runes must be used for the final fight against the boss as Lunar equipment (elemental staves cannot be equipped).
Recommended combat equipment (combat level 50 or higher).
Combat level 50 or higher
Fast travel to Rellekka: enchanted lyre (obtained during the Fremennik Trials), Fremennik sea boots, teleport tablets to Rellekka, fairy ring (code dks), or Camelot Teleport and run.
Fast travel to each of the elemental altars: Either through the Abyss, Guardians of the Rift, or to the Air altar near the Crafting Guild, Fire altar near the Duel Arena, Water altar in Lumbridge Swamp, Earth altar near the Lumber Yard.
Extra dramen staves: If interested in making more free Lunar staffs.
If you can't obtain a bullseye lantern, bring: teleport runes/tablets to your house (if POH is in Rimmington, redirection scrolls if not) or other means to reach Rimmington.
Head to Rellekka, a city located in northern Gielinor.
Go to the westernmost dock in Rellekka and find Lokar Searunner.
Speak with Lokar Searunner to begin the Lunar Diplomacy quest.
Always carry your Seal of Passage with you while on Lunar Isle. If you don't, you will be teleported off the island if you attempt to talk to any NPC, even when at the bank or performing other actions.
The lantern given during the quest doesn't come with oil, so you'll need to bring a bullseye lantern that can be lit.
If you put the emerald lens on the given lantern, drop it and ask for a new one. Then use that new lens on your working bullseye lantern.
1. Gather the necessary items: tinderbox and Bullseye lantern (or swamp tar if you don't have a functional Bullseye lantern).
2. Speak with Lokar Searunner at the westernmost dock in Rellekka to start the quest.
3. Talk to Brundt the Chieftain in the longhall to obtain a seal of passage. Carry the seal with you at all times while on Lunar Isle or related areas, or you will be teleported back to Rellekka.
4. Speak to Lokar again to sail to Pirates' Cove.
5. Climb up the ladder on the dock and board the Lady Zay ship.
6. Speak with Captain Bentley on the ship and ask him to take you to the Lunar Isles.
7. The ship will sail in circles around the island, speak with Captain Bentley again to continue the story.
8. Speak with the navigator 'Birds-Eye' Jack at the rear of the lower deck.
9. Speak with Captain Bentley again and suggest that the problem is the navigator's fault.
10. Talk to the navigator again, who will mention that a curse has been placed on the ship.
11. Speak with the Captain, and he will ask you to talk to the crew members for help.
12. Speak with 'Eagle-eye' Shultz, located on the same deck as the Captain on the northern end of the ship.
13. Speak with the cabin boy on the lower deck.
14. Speak with 'Beefy' Burns on the lowest deck, south of the kitchen area.
15. Speak with 'Lecherous' Lee next to the cabin boy on the upper deck.
16. Speak with the first officer 'Davey-boy' on the same deck as the Captain.
17. Speak with the cabin boy again, who will confess to placing the jinx. Make sure you have two empty inventory spaces.
18. You should have received an emerald lantern lens and an unfinished lantern. Use the emerald lens on the unfinished lantern to obtain an emerald lantern.
19. Use the tinderbox on the emerald lantern to light it.
If you couldn't bring a functional Bullseye lantern, follow the additional steps to fuel the lantern yourself using swamp tar and an alembic.
20. Then, search and erase the five symbols on the ship. The symbols can be found on the cannon east of the cabin boy, on a mural chart in the first officer's cabin, in a chest on the lowest deck, on two stacked crates near the cook, and on a supporting column also near the cook.
21. Once you have erased all the symbols, speak with Captain Bentley again to sail to the Moonclan Island.
1. Make sure to have your seal of passage with you at all times while on Lunar Isle.
2. Be cautious of the aggressive level 111 Suqahs on Lunar Isle, especially on the north side of the island, as they can use dangerous magical and melee attacks.
3. Lunar Isle has a bank and a general store, so you can get supplies and items there if needed.
4. Find Meteora in the village of Moonclan, located on the southwest side of the village next to the wall. She will inform you that although they don't have a leader, the Oneiromancer is the person who can help you more than anyone on the island.
5. Head southeast on the island to find the Oneiromancer, who is located near the Astral Altar. Speak with him to continue the quest.
The Oneiromancer will tell you that you need three things to continue the quest, which you must do in the following sequence. Keep reading to learn the next steps to follow in Part 2 of the Lunar Diplomacy quest.
1. Speak with Baba Yaga in the chicken coop of Moonclan village (north of the bank in the fenced area). She will give you a special potion bottle and ask for a guam leaf, marrentill, and a crushed Suqah tooth.
2. Fill the empty vial from a nearby water source (using a bucket of water won't work).
3. Travel to the southeast of the island and kill a level 111 Suqah to obtain the crushed Suqah tooth. Make sure to collect their hides as well, as you'll need four of them later on.
4. Add the guam leaf and marrentill to the vial, then crush the Suqah tooth with the pestle and mortar to obtain a ground tooth.
5. Add the ground tooth to the vial, then return to speak with the Oneiromancer to give him the potion.
1. Speak with the Oneiromancer to give him the potion before beginning the process for the lunar staff.
2. Take your dramen staff (or staves) to the four elemental altars in this order: Air, Fire, Water, and Earth. "Use" the staff on each of the four altars to enchant it.
3. After the fourth enchantment on the Earth altar, your staff will turn into a lunar staff that you won't be able to equip until you can use the Lunar Clan ceremonial equipment.
1. Make sure to have your seal of passage with you at all times.
2. For each piece of the Ceremonial Equipment, follow these steps:
- Helm: Head northeast on the island and enter the dungeon. Mine stalagmites to obtain lunar ore and forge the Helm at anvils in Rellekka.
- Cape:Speak with Pauline Polaris on the northwest side of the village. Guess her name correctly.
- Amulet: Speak with Meteora in the southern part of the village. Kill Suqahs until you obtain the lost tiara and exchange it for the Amulet.
- Torso, Gloves, Boots, and Legs: Speak with Rimae Sirsalis at the clothing store. Collect four Suqah hides and craft the items using a needle and thread.
- Ring: Speak with Selene near the center of the village and solve her riddle. Dig at the blue flowers southwest of the island to obtain the ring.
3. Return all the obtained items to the Oneiromancer, making sure you have 11 free inventory spaces, in addition to the previously obtained wood and the awake-in-sleep vial.
Note: You can use the vial on the wood shard, drop the soaked shard, and talk to the Oneiromancer again to obtain a second vial and shards. It's recommended to get some spares as logging out or losing connection in the Dream World will require more wood to re-enter.
With this, you will have completed Part 2 of the Lunar Diplomacy quest in OSRS.
Necessary items: Seal of passage, the 9 pieces of lunar equipment, tinderbox, soaked wood, runes to cast combat spells (without using an elemental staff).
Recommended items: Food, an axe, an agility boost such as a summer pie if your agility level is low.
1. Head to the bank and stock up on the necessary items. Do not deposit the seal of passage, or you won't be able to use the bank again and will have to retrieve it from another bank.
2. Ensure you have all 9 pieces of lunar equipment in your inventory, including the lunar staff. You must equip all the lunar equipment for the soaked wood to work correctly. If you don't have the lunar staff, talk to the Oneiromancer to get another one.
3. Go to the long building on the western side of Moonclan village, which has a ceremonial brazier and a staircase inside.
4. Light the brazier with your tinderbox, then use the soaked wood on the brazier.
5. You'll now be in Dream World. Note that if you log out or lose connection in Dream World, you'll need to re-enter using more soaked wood. However, any progress made in Dream World will be saved.
1. Talk to Ethereal Man or Ethereal Lady on the central platform. They will tell you that you must face six puzzle challenges.
2. On the edges of Dream World, you'll see stone portals; step into them to attempt each puzzle.
3. After completing each puzzle, talk again with Ethereal Man or Ethereal Lady in the center to discuss what you have learned from the challenge.
In this stage of Dream World, you will need to solve six different puzzles. Each one will teach you something important to complete the Lunar Diplomacy quest. Pay attention to the clues and challenges presented by the puzzles and make sure to learn what is necessary to advance.
The "A Game of Chance" challenge in Dream World involves solving a dice puzzle. Here are the rules and how the dice work in this puzzle:
The puzzle takes place on a green/yellow platform in the southwest corner of Dream World.
You are facing Ethereal Fluke, who will ask you to obtain certain numbers using dice.
The dice have two possible combinations when rolled, corresponding to the opposite number on a die. For example, if a die shows a "1" on the top, the opposite number is "6."
When the puzzle starts, the total value you must reach is 21.
The dice in the center of the platform can show a "1" or a "6."
The dice in the east of the platform can show a "4" or a "3."
The dice in the west of the platform can show a "5" or a "2."
- To reach the total value of 21, you must flip or roll the dice to obtain the required numbers.
- If you flip a die showing "1," you will add 5 to the total.
- If you flip a die showing "2," you will add 3 to the total.
- If you flip a die showing "3," you will add 1 to the total.
- If you flip a die showing "4," you will subtract 1 from the total.
- If you flip a die showing "5," you will subtract 3 from the total.
- If you flip a die showing "6," you will subtract 5 from the total.
Based on these rules, you can plan your moves to achieve the desired total.
Remember that you only have a limited number of dice rolls, so think strategically to reach the target value.
1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3
1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4
1, 1, 2, 2, 4, 4
1, 1, 2, 5, 3, 3
1, 1, 2, 5, 3, 4
1, 1, 2, 5, 4, 4
1, 1, 5, 5, 3, 3
1, 1, 5, 5, 3, 4
1, 1, 5, 5, 4, 4
1, 6, 2, 5, 3, 4
1, 6, 2, 5, 4, 4
1, 6, 5, 5, 3, 3
1, 6, 5, 5, 3, 4
1, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4
6, 6, 2, 5, 3, 4
6, 6, 2, 5, 4, 4
6, 6, 5, 5, 3, 3
6, 6, 5, 5, 3, 4
6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4
The "Communicating in Numbers" challenge in Dream World is found on the pink platform in the southeast and is presented by Ethereal Numerator. Here are the rules and how to solve this puzzle:
The puzzle takes place on a pink platform in the southeast corner of Dream World.
You are facing Ethereal Numerator, who will give you an incomplete mathematical sequence, and you must complete it by pressing the correct floating numbers.
Your goal is to discover the pattern of the sequence and press the next two numbers to complete it.
Ethereal Numerator will present you with an incomplete sequence of floating numbers.
You must analyze the sequence to find the pattern and determine the logic behind the numbers.
Once you have understood the pattern, identify the next two numbers that will complete the sequence.
Press the correct floating numbers in the corresponding order to complete the mathematical sequence.
Let's say Ethereal Numerator presents the following sequence: 1, 4, 2, 5.
The pattern of this sequence is that each number is the next odd number after the previous number.
The complete sequence would be: 1, 4, 2, 5, 3, 6.
Sequences may repeat during the puzzle, so pay attention and make sure to complete each sequence correctly.
0, 1, 3, 4
1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 4
1, 1, 2, 2, 3
1, 1, 2, 3, 1, 1, 4
1, 2, 3
1, 3, 5
1, 4, 2, 5
1, 6, 2, 5
1, 9, 2, 8
2, 3, 5, 6
2, 6, 3, 7
3, 4, 2, 5
7, 3, 6, 2
8, 6, 4
9, 7, 5
9, 8 , 7, 6
The "Cut, Cut, Cut" challenge in Dream World is located on the northeastern blue platform. In this challenge, you must compete against the Ethereal Perceptive to stack wood logs. Here are the rules and how to solve this puzzle:
The puzzle takes place on a blue platform in the northeastern corner of Dream World.
You are competing against the Ethereal Perceptive to stack wood logs in the "log deposit pile" at the center.
The goal is to be the first to stack 20 logs in the log pile.
Start by cutting trees to obtain wood logs.
If you don't have an axe, the Ethereal Perceptive will provide you with a bronze axe.
Collect wood logs and stack them in the log pile at the center of the platform.
Continue cutting and stacking logs until you have accumulated 20 logs in the log deposit pile.
If you have limited inventory space, cut a few logs at a time and stack them before cutting more.
Once you have stacked 20 logs in the log deposit pile, you won't be able to pick up or stack more logs, as the challenge will be considered completed.
This is one of the easier challenges in Dream World. Just focus on cutting wood logs and stacking them quickly to reach the goal of 20 logs before the Ethereal Perceptive. Good luck!
The "Where Am I?" challenge in Dream World is located on the white (or pink in iOS) platform in the northwest corner. This challenge tests your memory and jumping skills as you navigate between platforms without falling into the collapsing false platforms. Here are the rules and how to solve this puzzle:
The puzzle takes place on a white (or pink in iOS) platform in the northwest corner of Dream World.
You are facing the Ethereal Guide, who will present you with a series of platforms to jump on.
Speak with the Ethereal Guide to begin the challenge.
The Ethereal Guide will show you a series of platforms, and you must remember the sequence in which they appear.
Jump between the platforms, following the correct sequence shown by the Ethereal Guide.
If you jump on the wrong platform, you will fall and be returned to the beginning of the challenge.
Continue jumping between the platforms and following the sequence until you reach the end of the challenge.
Pay close attention to the sequence shown by the Ethereal Guide before you start jumping between the platforms.
Try to memorize the sequence or devise a strategy to remember it as you progress through the challenge.
Take your time to jump accurately and do not rush, as one mistake will send you back to the beginning.
This is a memory and jumping skill challenge that will test your ability to recall and follow a sequence of platforms.
The "The Race Has Begun!" challenge in Dream World is located on the yellow-green platform in the eastern corner. This challenge is an Agility test, where you must compete against the Ethereal Expert and overcome four obstacles as you advance along a straight path. Here are the rules and how to solve this puzzle:
The puzzle takes place on a yellow-green platform in the eastern corner of Dream World.
You are competing against the Ethereal Expert in an Agility race.
Speak with the Ethereal Expert to start the race.
Your goal is to reach the end of the passage before the Ethereal Expert, overcoming four obstacles along the way.
The path is straight with no deviations, so focus on jumping over the obstacles quickly.
Agility is the key skill for this challenge, so if you have an Agility potion, use it before starting the race to temporarily boost your Agility level.
Pay attention to the obstacles and jump at the right moment to avoid failing them, as each failure will cost you 8 hitpoints.
Bring some food with you in case you need to heal after failing an obstacle and losing hitpoints.
The "Anything You Can Do..." challenge in Dream World is located on the teal green platform in the southeast corner. This challenge is a mime-copying game, similar to the mime random event in the game. Your goal is to mimic the gestures performed by the Ethereal Mimic. Here are the rules and how to solve this puzzle:
The puzzle takes place on a teal green platform in the southeast corner of Dream World.
You are facing the Ethereal Mimic, who will show you a series of gestures that you must copy.
Speak with the Ethereal Mimic to start the challenge.
The Ethereal Mimic will perform a series of gestures in a specific pattern.
Your goal is to copy the gestures performed by the Ethereal Mimic in the same order and at the correct timing.
Pay close attention to the gestures performed by the Ethereal Mimic and replicate them in the same sequence.
Pay close attention to the gestures performed by the Ethereal Mimic. Observe their movements and remember the order in which they are performed.
Gestures may include arm waving, jumping, hand gestures, among others.
Be quick to mimic the gestures, as the Ethereal Mimic will teleport to a different location after each gesture performed.
If you make a mistake in the sequence, try again until you can correctly copy all the gestures in the correct order.
This is a memory and coordination challenge that will test your ability to observe and replicate movements.
Once you have overcome all the previous challenges, head to the center of the platform and talk to the guide. They will ask if you are ready to face the final challenge. Make sure to answer affirmatively, as you will face "Me," a level 79 opponent adapted to match your statistics. It shouldn't be a very difficult fight, but be prepared for the occasional teleportation within the arena, which can be somewhat annoying but won't pose a serious threat. Also, pay attention to the dialogues of "Me," as they can be quite entertaining!
Once you have defeated "Me" and completed the encounter, talk to the guide again in the center of Dream World. Then, go to the lectern and speak once more with the Oneiromancer to finish the quest.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Lunar Diplomacy quest. Now, you have access to Lunar Isle and the new Lunar spellbook. Before leaving Lunar Isle, I recommend talking to Baba Yaga to unlock the useful Ourania Teleport spell. If you plan to do so, make sure to switch your spellbooks to the Lunar spellbook at the altar next to the Oneiromancer before visiting Baba Yaga.
Note: If the fight doesn't start after the white screen, you may have to try again several times, but eventually, you will be allowed to enter. You can also try dropping the axe and then talking to the guide, or drop the axe and pick it up again before talking to the guide.
After completing the "Lunar Diplomacy" quest, you will receive the following benefits and rewards:
1. 2 Quest Points.
2. 5,000 Magic experience points.
3. 5,000 Runecrafting experience points.
4. A Seal of Passage.
5. Access to Lunar Isle and Lunar equipment.
6. Access to the Lunar spellbook.
7. Access to the Astral Altar.
8. 50 Astral Runes.
Additionally, the quest unlocks access to "Me" in the Nightmare Zone, allowing you to face this opponent again in the training mini-game.