Hunter is a skill that is commonly trained passively by capturing birds in houses. In this guide we will teach you the most efficient methods to level this skill like Ironman.
Does VIRTGOLD offer Powerleveling Services for me?
Yes! In fact, our team of expert Powerlevelers has mastered every inch of efficient OSRS training methods, and we're ready to help you accomplish the same feat. Whether you're a seasoned adventurer or just starting out, our personalized approach ensures that you'll receive the most affordable prices and most skilled workers to come out on top. So why wait? Take on the grind of OSRS with confidence, thanks to VIRTGOLD. Want to skip the grind all together? Consider our other services such as Currency and Questing!
You can swiftly advance through the early levels of Hunter by completing specific quests. Notably, the "Natural History Quiz" stands out as an excellent choice. It has no requirements, is brief, and provides a generous 1,000 Hunter experience, enough to reach level 9. Completing this quiz will enable players to dive right into birdhouse trapping without the need for any additional training.
Here are some quests that can significantly boost your Hunter experience:
1. Natural History Quiz: Rewards 1,000 Hunter experience.
2. The Ascent of Arceuus: Requires "Client of Kourend" and a minimum of 20% Arceuus favor, as well as Hunter level 12. Completing this quest will grant you 1,500 Hunter experience.
3. Eagles' Peak: This quest necessitates a Hunter level of 27. Upon completion, you will earn 2,500 Hunter experience. Notably, this quest is required to unlock box traps, which are essential for hunting chinchompas.
By completing these quests, you can swiftly progress through the early Hunter levels and unlock important Hunter training methods, setting you on the path to becoming a skilled Hunter in OSRS.
Successfully completing the Natural History Quiz at the Varrock Museum offers a rewarding experience boost in both Hunter and Slayer, granting a generous 1,000 experience points in each skill. This substantial experience gain is sufficient to propel your Hunter skill to level 9, allowing you to bypass the initial, slower training levels.
Bird house trapping on Fossil Island is an excellent method for passive Hunter experience, bird nest acquisition, and obtaining tree seeds for Farming training. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to efficiently utilize this method:
1. Quest Requirement: You must complete the "Bone Voyage" quest to access bird house trapping on Fossil Island.
2. Requirements: Ensure you have the necessary items: bird house traps, clockworks, a hammer, a chisel, logs, and tree seeds. It's also recommended to bring a fifth clockwork for crafting efficiency.
3. Setting Traps: Place your bird house traps in the designated locations on Fossil Island. You can find these locations in Verdant Valley, Mushroom Meadow, and the Tar Swamp.
4. Filling Traps: Fill each bird house trap with seeds of your choice. The type of seeds you use will determine the type of birds you attract.
Dwarf weed seed
White lily seed
Snape grass seed
Poison ivy seed
1. Checking Traps: After setting the traps, they will passively capture birds at random tick intervals, approximately once every 5 minutes, up to a maximum of 10 birds per trap.
2. Returning to Traps: To claim the Hunter experience and loot, return to your bird house traps. Keep in mind that the bird house itself will be consumed, but the clockwork will be returned to you.
3. Efficiency Tip: Craft bird houses while moving between trap locations to save time. You can use an Imcando hammer in place of a regular hammer to save an inventory slot. Consider bringing a hunter potion to boost your Hunter level by +3, increasing the odds of receiving bird nests or gaining the level necessary to place higher-tier bird houses.
1. Teleportation: Use the digsite pendant to teleport to Fossil Island and then the magic mushtree to Verdant Valley. Check the northern bird house first, then the southern one.
2. Mushroom Meadow: Teleport with the mushtree to Mushroom Meadow and check the bird house to the north. Then, run south to the Tar Swamp to check the final bird house.
Multiple Runs: If you plan to do multiple bird house runs in a row, you can log out near the Tar Swamp bird house to avoid the relatively long south run on the second run. For this, bring four extra logs to craft additional bird houses.
By following these steps and tips, you can efficiently train your Hunter skill, gather bird nests for Herblore experience, and collect tree seeds for Farming training on Fossil Island. This method provides a great way to passively improve your skills and resources OSRS as a Ironman
Catching Maniacal Monkeys in Kruk's Dungeon
Catching maniacal monkeys in Kruk's Dungeon offers a method for relatively slow but low-effort Hunter experience. This approach requires the completion of the "Monkey Madness II" quest and the use of a Kruk monkey greegree to access the monkey-catching area. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to go about it:
1. Completion of the "Monkey Madness II" quest.
2. Kruk Monkey Greegree for accessing the monkey-catching area.
3. Bait, such as baskets of bananas, Bones to Bananas runes, or tabs, as maniacal monkeys require bananas as bait.
1. The most practical method for Ironmen to acquire baskets of bananas is to purchase the bananas from Solihib's Food Stall and manually fill the baskets at the nearby bank.
2. There are also bones available on the dungeon floor that you can use for the Bones to Bananas spell.
3. If you choose to use tabs as bait, you can break them while riding the stunted demonic gorilla, saving you time.
To catch maniacal monkeys, you'll need to climb on a stunted demonic gorilla to set traps. This temporarily disables the use of your spellbook, so you'll need to leave the area to cast spells.
1. Each successful trap rewards you with 1,000 Hunter experience and a damaged monkey tail.
2. The damaged monkey tail can be crafted into Sinew with a knife, providing 15 Crafting experience.
3. There's also a 1/5,000 chance to receive a monkey tail, which can be alched or used to string a ballista.
1. Experience rates scale based on your Hunter level. At level 60, expect to gain around 50,000–65,000 experience per hour, increasing to 80,000–90,000 experience per hour at higher levels.
2. At level 99, it's possible to gain up to 120,000 experience per hour, especially if you collect bones around the area and use Bones to Bananas.
While waiting to catch a monkey, consider combining this method with fletching ammunition to maximize your experience gains during downtime.
For Hardcore Ironmen: Special Considerations
Hardcore ironmen face unique challenges when it comes to hunting black salamanders or black chinchompas in the Wilderness. It's not a realistically safe option for them. Instead, it's highly recommended that Hardcore Ironmen reach at least level 80 Hunter by training with bird houses before venturing into red chinchompa hunting.
Chinchompas for Ranged Training: Once you've achieved a high Ranged level, consider hunting black or red chinchompas as a method for Ranged training. These creatures provide valuable Ranged experience.
Advanced Use of Chinchompas: Beyond Ranged training, chinchompas can serve other purposes. High-level players may use them for:
1. Hunting Callisto to obtain a dragon pickaxe.
2. Battling Kree'Arra for Armadyl armor pieces.
Tracking herbiboars is a decent alternative to hunting chinchompas, as it gives the player herbs and is well-suited for alching or making broad arrows for Fletching training. Players will need to have stamina potions and a herb sack for this, and having a high Herblore level (85+) is recommended for higher-quality herbs.