Herb patches in OSRS refer to specific areas where players can grow herbs for use in creating potions and other purposes. These patches are located in various places throughout the game and are essential to the Farming Skill, providing resources and experience to those who tend to them properly. Each herb variety takes approximately 80 minutes to reach full maturity. Starting the growth process for a specific herb in each patch requires the use of a single seed. Using a seed dibber is necessary for planting the herb seed, and when it's time to harvest the herbs, a spade will be required.
In contrast to allotments, safeguarding herbs from disease isn't possible, unless utilizing a disease-free patch. Regularly checking on the herbs and applying a plant cure, if necessary, can rescue a diseased plant. To maximize yields, it's strongly recommended to employ ultracompost for valuable herb crops. This significantly reduces the risk of plant death and ensures a harvest of at least 6 herbs per seed, provided the plant survives. Yield-boosting equipment like magic secateurs also offer substantial benefits to players.
Currently, there are a total of nine herb patches spread across the game world. Below, we have compiled a list of these patches along with their respective locations and guidance on how to reach each one:
South of Falador
Explorer's ring 2 or higher
Spirit tree to Port Sarim
Draynor Manor Teleport
Amulet of glory to Draynor Village
Skills necklace to Mining Guild
Ring of Wealth to Falador Park
West of Port Phasmatys
Fairy ring code A-L-Q
Fenkenstrain's Castle Teleport
Charter ship to Port Phasmatys
North of Catherby
Camelot Teleport then run east
North of Ardougne
Ardougne cloak 2 or higher
Skills necklace to Fishing Guild
Fishing Guild Teleport
Combat bracelet to Ranging Guild
Quest point cape teleport
Fairy ring code B-L-R
South-west corner of Hosidius
Xeric's talisman to Xeric's Glade
Hosidius portal: Teleport to House spell or redirected house tab
Kharedst's memoirs to Lunch by the lancalliums
Tithe Farm minigame teleport
Spirit Tree to Hosidius (with 45 Agility for the river jump shortcut)
Skills Necklace to Woodcutting Guild, then run east (45 Agility for the Hosidius river jump shortcut)
Roof of the Troll Stronghold
Gardener: My Arm or Drunken Dwarf's Leg
(requires completion of My Arm's Big Adventure)
Stony basalt teleport (requires completion of Making Friends with My Arm)
Trollheim Teleport, then west. The agility shortcut requires 73 Agility and completion of the Fremennik Hard Diary. Otherwise, the patch can be accessed from a ladder inside the Troll Stronghold.
Redirected house tab
(Elite Morytania Diary required)
Harmony Island Teleport
Mos le'harmless teleport scroll then talk to Brother Tranquility
Ectophial, run to Port Phasmatys docks and take a boat ride to Mos Le'Harmless via Bill Teach. Talk to Brother
Tranquility to arrive at Harmony Island
Minigame teleport to Trouble Brewing then run west then south to Brother Tranquility
(The Fire of Nourishment must be built)
Fairy ring code D-K-S, then travel on Larry's boat on the coast north-west, then run to the patch on the west side of Weiss.
( 65 Farming and 60% Hosidius favour required)
Farming cape teleport
Skills necklace to Farming Guild
Spirit tree planted in the Farming Guild
Fairy ring code C-I-R, then run south-west
Battlefront Teleport to Battlefront, then run west
Various herb patches offer distinct advantages either upon unlocking or once specific requirements are met:
1. The herb patch south of Falador yields a 10% experience boost after completing the Medium Falador diary.
2. The herb patch north of Catherby provides 5%, 10%, and 15% extra yield upon completing the medium, hard, and elite Kandarin diaries respectively.
3. The second-tier herb patch in the Farming guild grants a 5% extra yield with the completion of the hard Kourend & Kebos Diary.
4. The herb patch in Hosidius offers a 5% additional yield upon completing the hard Kourend & Kebos Diary.
5. All herb patches yield 10% more when wielding or having Magic secateurs in the inventory.
6. Wearing a Farming cape boosts yield by 5% on all herb patches.
7. A planted Attas seed provides a 5% higher chance of saving a plant's life on all herb patches.
8. Disease-free patches in Trollheim and Weiss are unlocked through the quests "My Arm's Big Adventure" and "Making Friends with My Arm" respectively.
9. A disease-free patch in Hosidius becomes accessible with 50% Hosidius favor.