Greater demons are large demonic monsters. They are well known for their rune full helm and hard clue scroll drops.
K'ril Tsutsaroth, the Zamorakian general in the God Wars Dungeon, his bodyguard Tstanon Karlak, and Skotizo, the demi-boss in the Catacombs of Kourend, are considered greater demons for the purpose of a Slayer task.
Does VIRTGOLD offer Powerleveling Services for me?
Yes! In fact, our team of expert Powerlevelers has mastered every inch of efficient OSRS training methods, and we're ready to help you accomplish the same feat. Whether you're a seasoned adventurer or just starting out, our personalized approach ensures that you'll receive the most affordable prices and most skilled workers to come out on top. So why wait? Take on the grind of OSRS with confidence, thanks to VIRTGOLD. Want to skip the grind all together? Consider our other services such as Currency and Questing!
Greater demons are slayer tasks assigned by Krystilia, Chaeldar, Konar, Nieve/Steve and Duradel. Greater demons, as befitting their weaker status below Black Demons, possess a somewhat lackluster drop table. Their two most valuable drops are the rune full helm and the hard clue scroll. There are many different types of Greater Demons residing around Gielinor; however, with the exception of the Wilderness Slayer Cave, all have the same drop table. Greater Demons may be assigned as a Wilderness Slayer task by Krystilia, and can be found in multiple locations around the Wilderness such as the Demonic Ruins, Lava Maze Dungeon, and Wilderness Slayer Cave.
Greater Demons are a popular task for those who wish to kill K'ril Tsutsaroth or Skotizo. K'ril Tsutsaroth's minion Tstanon Karlak also counts towards the Greater Demon Slayer task.
The Greater Demons in the Catacombs of Kourend are a popular AFK training spot due to the spot being multicombat.
Simply wear proselyte, bring prayer pots and pray melee. Your character will do the rest.
If you aren’t going to use a cannon, the Catacombs of Kourend are your best bet.
The only place free-to-play players can kill greater demons is in the Demonic Ruins. Since this is a multicombat area in high-level Wilderness, there is a high risk of getting killed by other players. Because of that, the best strategy to kill these is to bring as few items as possible.
To do that, first train your Prayer level to 43 to use Protect from Melee. Since the Ruins slowly restore your prayer, you can use this prayer permanently without draining your prayer points. Simply bring a weapon (for example Silverlight) and an amulet of strength or amulet of power, and bring nothing else to maximise your damage in combat while not having to risk losing items to a PKer.
Alternatively, bring a weapon and monk's robe top, monk's robe bottom and a holy symbol, which allows you to use either Superhuman Strength or Improved Reflexes in combination with Protect from Melee without draining many prayer points, for a 10% Strength or accuracy boost.
Additionally, there are multiple safespots at the Demonic Ruins from which a player can use ranged attacks to easily take down a Greater Demon within a few minutes of sustained ranged attacks.
There are a number of safespots which players using Ranged or Magic may use:
1. Brimhaven Dungeon: standing at the easternmost piece of land in their spawn area or behind the fungus next to the stairs.
2. Catacombs of Kourend: under the arch which divides the Greater Demon area, and at the extreme north-east corner of the dungeon behind the rope exit.
3. Chasm of Fire: behind the many pillars and narrow pathways.
4. Entrana Dungeon: behind the burnt corpses (use the second square south of the stalagmite and two squares away from the sitting burnt corpse).
5. Karuulm Slayer Dungeon: at the entrance of the Greater Demon chamber.
6. Wilderness Slayer Cave: stalagmites at the entrance of the Greater Demon chamber, halberds may also be used.
7. Isle of Souls Dungeon: behind the two rocks on the Eastern side of the inner wall, south of the skeleton and demonic symbols.
8. Ogre Enclave: in the south east corner of the dungeon are 8 greater demons trapped behind a fence. (requires Watchtower quest to be completed until the point where you can access the enclave)
Greater Demons should be killed with melee for the fastest experience rates.
Just bring whatever weapon/gear you have that will provide the best DPS.
Low level High level Prayer set up
1. Greater Demons are weak to everything making them very easy to kill.
2. If you have a cannon, use it, you will fly through the task and get fast slayer experience.
3. If not, use your best melee DPS gear and armour.
4. Greater Demon tasks aren’t terrible, but they aren’t great either.
5. If you have a cannon (or the money to use one), they can be very quick and good experience as well.
6. As long as your combat stats are good, this task will give you pretty good experience rates.
7. No real reason to skip Greater Demons other than its lack of drops.